Monday, November 15, 2010

A corner of my mind

A song, which is played during the new Vodafone delight advertisements, is nice. A very soothing tune and simple lyrics. 'The little things you do for me and nobody makes me feel good; The little things you do for me,
making me smile and no one else could; That's why I like to sit next to you and listen to your mad stories..' :)

I taught my maid how to write a sentence, it felt good. But, then again, not everyone accepts that with a smiling face you see. I mean, at first she was happy that she finally knows how to write her own name I guess. But then, she didn't really want to finish the work that I'd given her, which was, two pages of one line which said 'Mera naam Meenuti Mandal hai.' in hindi, with a 'poorna-viraam' in the end.

Taare Zameen Par, the movie, was coming on tv yesterday, and I remember seeing it with my family in the theatre on my birthday the year it got released. I was studying in a boarding school that time and all four of us cried while seeing the movie as we could relate to what it feels like, going away from home.
Even though, I might have seen that movie, I don't know how many times, but yesterday, I cried while watching a movie after long.

Titanic - I most certainly will never get sick of it. Not like I've seen it a lot of times though, I wonder why my friend asked me yesterday, 'Aren't you sick of it?' And, I said, 'No, and I will never be.'

Urmm, Zac Efron is *hot*. :O
Hehe, I generally don't talk like that. But yeah, that's a very rare side of me.

..I wonder how hard it can be, to trust people.
Also, the idea of a pen pal is good. A person you've never seen or spoken to. You can say things you feel you can't/don't want to, to any other person, maybe even a close friend of yours, for that matter.

People who do the right things always and make the most appropriate choice always also like to go crazy sometimes and make the wrong decision knowing it is wrong, you know. Like the girl in Freaks and Geeks and High School Musical.
A friend of mine, a very intelligent person, did the same thing when he got an opportunity, like something big.
I guess it's fine to let them go crazy sometimes. It's only funny when it comes to reacting to situations like these, you know..when you are friends with people like that, who are doing great in their life undoubtedly, and they will do really well later as well. But, they're kinda sick of choosing the right path 'always'. I mean, seriously, I don't know why, but, I feel like reacting by saying, 'Oh, come on!' Haha.

Hmm, thinking about how efficiently a painter can express him/her self in the form of colours.. I feel, so can a writer. And here, I don't mean by using incomprehensible words or rather words which are not understood by the mob or not used in day to day life. But, instead, the way of presenting the whole chain of thought, you know. And, the conciseness and brevity of it.

It feels nice to see a cobbler sitting on the street doing crossword. :)
Yes, I'm talking about Mumbai here. I came across a sight like that, one of the days, when they were one of those few good days.

"I'd never given much thought to how I would die, but dying in the place of someone I love, seems like a good way to go." The lines from Twilight. I really like them. And, they have crossed my mind a couple of times.

"I don’t remember you looking any better
Then again I don’t remember,
don't remember you.." - really like! John Mayer has sung that song alluringly.


The title of this post. I've thought of making it the name of my blog. Hmm, I guess, I'll change it soon.
Of course, the present one was taken from the movie, 'Wake up sid'. I don't deny that, at all. But, it's only because, I could relate to the character of Konkana Sen Sharma in that movie, somehow.

Another quote, "You’re going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it’s always their actions you should judge them by. Its actions, not words, that matter." ~ The Rescue.

6 comments:

  1. I like :) Just random straying thoughts, doodles etc. I like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "one of the days, when they were one of those few good days."

    Well, ur sentences are no less than Vodafone song, Twilight dialogue etc..

    I really liked it !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @taare zameen parrr!! same situation...uptil now i hv cried everytime i watch it.
    @pen pal...how i wish i had someone like that!
    @cobbler : crossword...impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous, thank you!
    @Saumya Gupta, hehe! Don't know how I missed all of your comments here! But, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet… poorna viram and all… thats very kind of you, not a lot of people do that for their maids etc. I am sure, it must have been satisfying that you could teach her a sentence and she learnt it.

    TZP was a brilliant movie, the acting was too emotional, especially for people who have lived away from home and who went away at a young age. I especially, liked the picturisation of the song! It is emotionally draining.

    Crossword, really, what language was it in? Thats awesome

    Oh really? How do u relate to cinchona’s character? I guess, it would be make a great post if you would share it with the world :)!

    P.S. Nice title of the post!

    ReplyDelete

Human beings and validation

"Every word has consequences. Every silence, too." The more you do for someone, the more they’ll expect the next time. Don...