Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Empathy

Life is beautiful and things do not happen for a reason, however, it is the results which follow the event that reason out our understanding of what they mean, why they have reason to be, what they are, and, how they have come into existence.

The above lines, written by a person called, Jeev Sahni, and taken from,
http://thenehafoundation.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=77

They are put very aptly and are applicable to a lot of situations in daily life.
But they remind me of one thing in particular every time I read them, and that is,
I do not believe in the statement, 'Everything happens for a reason.'
I don't. I just don't. And, I never would.

Emphatic listening is something a lot of us don't do and we must. We must. To lend a ear to merely hear, express sympathy, say what you have to without making sure the other person understood or cared to listen to what you had to say, is nothing unusual and most definitely not enough.

To be able to keep yourself in the other person's shoes and imagine what its like to be where he/she is and what he/she is going through, now thats what's called, an understanding listener.
And then, as rightly said by Ernest Hemingway, "When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen."

There are always two or more than two sides of a story. By being judgmental and passing a conclusion after hearing one side only, speaks a lot about your thought process itself.

I love the way the song, 'I Belong To You' by Muse, starts!
The tune, in the beginning :)
The lyrics are decent though.
Oh and, 'Over My Head (Better Off Dead)' and, 'Always' by Sum 41 ~ I like.

It is time to let go, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Human beings and validation

"Every word has consequences. Every silence, too." The more you do for someone, the more they’ll expect the next time. Don...