Sunday, January 27, 2013

On the edge

So, I met someone for the first time a couple of days back, right before I was leaving that place. And the first question this person asked me was, "What's your name?" I replied, "Garima." I just wasn't prepared for a second question that came even before I took my next breath and she asked, "Which caste?"
I did reply to her within a second or two, and then I surely left as I was supposed to.
I just couldn't get myself to reason out the validity of that question. I mean how exactly did that help define me better to you at all? Like seriously.

When you reach that point that it's not funny any more, there is lack of amazement from you, for the simple reason that there is no reasoning and logic around you at all
You wouldn't want to start off from where you left. Not because it doesn't feel right, but because it doesn't feel the need to any more
I'm actually surprised that I am surprised with any of it. I should've seen it coming.

Sensitivity is one of the worst things ever
When your state of mind is all good and you couldn't be bothered about all the whatever things on earth, but oh no, wait, that can't stay the same. See, things have to get to you/you let them get to you, for the simple reason that you understand and value the importance of what comes in rarity.
Things messed up in another's head around, will hunt you down and mess it all up in your head too.

When you have more in you to take than you thought you did.
I miss home. So much. It's not even funny.
Done with living the supposedly independent life.
It's been too long now...

Travelling in Mumbai.
Aren't those three words enough for one to start with an essay?
#IMeanIt

Fickle mindedness - I don't get it
What were you originally thinking really?
When you can see it's messed up for one around, but you really do feel kinda handicapped in the situation when it's brought forth to you with all that it's got to it.

The local trains, the autos, the rush at peak hours, the adrenaline in people!
#OnlyHappensInBombay

Nothing like Grey's Anatomy :)

Awkward moments about not being to explain to someone about how you've always valued one of the things meant to be valued, and you give up on explaining because you didn't feel the need to, when you were just about one fourth way through it! Ha.

A girl who had to take an AC Bus to Borivali got dropped off by her father at Thane..
And she thought over the same thing that she does everyday
Will I make it in that overcrowded bus once again?
After she took a deep breath and got off the car, she said bye in the local language to her father, and the expression on his face also had something to it.
Life's got too many things to it and we make decisions everyday. Just that some that are regularly taken by us become something else in our heads, but they are the ones that decide the course of the day really.
#OneIncident #Mumbai

Don't You Give Up On Me - Milo Greene
Dazed And Confused - Iko
Sweet Disposition - Temper Trap
#Music

'This is a place where horrible things happen. You were right to go. You're probably escaping disaster. Look at me. I practically grew up here, and you're right, it hurt me in ways I'll probably never get over. I have a lot of memories of people. People I've lost forever. But I have a lot of other memories too. This is the place I fell in love. The place where I found my friends. This is where I learned to be who I am. Where I learned how to take responsibility for someone else's life. And it's the place where I met you. So I figure this place has given me as much as it's taken away from me. I've lived here as much as I've survived here. It just depends on how I look at it. I'm gonna choose to look at it that way, and remember you that way. Hope you're good. Bye.'
 - The above paragraph is a monologue from a series, with some words changed in it.

Some people will always remain the discouraging ones. You should just never give up on not letting their words get to you.
Grrr.

"Closures do not come cheap."
"When you have to make a choice and don't make it, that is in itself a choice."
"Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind."
"I'm still writing about you and you haven't read a word."
"Sometimes you wish people would just see themselves the way you do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Human beings and validation

"Every word has consequences. Every silence, too." The more you do for someone, the more they’ll expect the next time. Don...